Bank safely every time
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information from our ATM network and public website, to online banking and mobile banking. These practices are fundamental to the way we do business.
Protecting Your Credit/ Debit Card
- When you receive any of your cards, make sure that the SMS feature is activated and linked to your phone number so you can track all your financial transactions.
- Never disclose your passwords including the OTP shared on your mobile device; Al-Rajhi Bank will never ask you for passwords, all kind of passwords are your sole property.
- Don't let anyone else use your cards or make financial transactions through your bank account.
- Keep your cards in a safe place, do not bend or scratch, and keep it away from magnetic items such as wallet clips and magnetic business cards
- Always destroy cards when they expire or hand it over to the bank and supervise its complete destruction.
- Carefully dispose ATM transaction receipts as soon as you compare them to your account statement; this will help prevent others from obtaining information about you and your cards and preferably review it electronically through your mobile banking system for confidentiality.
- To protect you from fraud, please notify the bank immediately of any transaction conducted through your account without your knowledge, such as cash withdrawals or deposits.
- Make sure you take your card back every time you use it and try to use contactless feature whenever possible.
- Notify the bank immediately if you lose your card or cheque book
- When using your card for online shopping, look for reputable, well-known and trusted online stores. If you are not sure; ask for more information about the store, the goods and the service.
- Verify that the merchant or online store has a return and refund policy.
- Always use secure browser connectivity when you enter credit card details by checking that a locked lock appears at the bottom right of the browser window or that the website URL starts with "https".
- If you make an online purchase, be sure to obtain and keep a copy of the transaction in your records or e-mail to make it easier to match or review your financial transactions in case of any issue.
- If you need to use a password to access any online service, make sure that it is not easily guessed and try to use complicated much possible and do not disclose it or share it with anyone.
- Al Rajhi Bank will never ask you to update your information over the phone.
- Please do not give away your personal information to unknown callers or anyone who presents himself as an employee of Al Rajhi Bank.
- Never accept or transfer money if you don't know where it comes from.
- Try using e-channels for any of your financial transactions, especially large ones, and for your own safety try not to carry a large amount of cash.
- Beware of people/ organizations who ask you to receive money on their behalf and then transfer it to a named address.
- Beware of phone apps that can steal your personal information or disable your SMS messages.
- Do not install or download applications on your mobile phone from unreliable websites and sources, always download applications from trusted Play Store and confirm the name of the publisher.
- Before logging into “Mubasher” service; make sure that the URL displays HTTPS and a lock tag to ensure the safety of your financial data and operations over the website.
- Always update your phone, computer and smart devices to protect your information.
- The secure way to reach "Mubasher" is from the official website of Al Rajhi Bank and never use search engines, emails or blogs to access it, hackers may try to use a replica of the website for the purposes of theft and fraud.
- Based on Central Bank of Jordan instructions, please note that the ban on dealing with all types of virtual currencies and assets such as “Bitcoin” continues whether the dealing is directly or indirectly.
Tips to Reduce Card Fraud
- Regularly check your balance and accounts, especially credit cards, and always contact the bank in case you have doubts about their integrity.
- Enter your credit card details only when you make an online purchase and do not share it for any other reason always confirm the credibility of the website before making such transactions
- Do not share a photo of your cards, accounts, card number or PIN via phone, social media or email for whatever reasons.
- Ignore the request of strangers to pay bills or do transactions from your bank accounts.
- Ignore the messages and emails that invite you or inform you that you win a prize, and immediately delete them from your cell phone or email.
- Always keep your cheque books and cards with you or in safe place and keep your cards under your sight in case of passing them to anyone to conduct a payment, to ensure that they are not copied or stolen
- Always keep the bank updated with your personal information, including your mobile number, so that we can contact you to promote new services or assure any unusual treatment.
- Avoid conducting operations through social media sites with unknown people.
- Avoid conducting financial transactions through public internet networks as they are often unsafe.
- To protect yourself from fraud, do not load or accept any funds in your account from unknown parties.
- To report fraudulent or suspicious activity, call us on 0096265633030 or visit any of Al Rajhi Bank branches.
- Ignore advertising posters that demand you to pay off debts and get financed by suspicious individuals or organizations
Tips for Using ATMs
- Always physically check the ATM before performing any transaction and make sure that there are no added or unusual devices or objects attached to the ATM body, especially the card entrance and pin pad.
- Monitor your surroundings before using an ATM and do not use the ATM in poorly lit or high-risk areas.
- Prefer to have an escort with you in high-risk areas, especially at late nights.
- Try to cover the screen and pin pad as much as possible so no one can peek in order to preserve your bank secrecy and protect you from fraud.
- Save your money, card and receipt immediately in your wallet or pocket and check them later, always be sure to receive your receipt and try not to ask for it you do not need it or if you have your online channels or text messaging service activated.
- If you feel unsafe or see someone or something suspicious, cancel your transaction immediately.
- When using the Drive Through ATM, make sure that all the doors and windows of the vehicle are closed .
- When using a closed ATM rooms that requires your card to open the door, do not allow strangers to escort you inside
Tips for Overseas Transactions
- Visa cards issued by Al Rajhi Bank can be used during your stay in another country through VISA ATMs.
- Withdrawals from foreign countries ATMs are in foreign currency and are deducted from your account in the local currency based on the daily exchange rate, also, there may be additional fees based on the laws relating to the nature and location of withdrawals.
- To receive Bank messages; make sure to turn on your mobile phone while traveling.
- Make sure to keep the bank contact numbers when traveling, and always make sure you can contact us at any time.
- Make sure to change your PIN once you return.
- We always advise you to report any cases of theft or suspicion behavior immediately in order to protect your financial interests.